Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Top Ten Books to Get into the Halloween Spirit

Top Ten Tuesday is an event hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

I'm going to be honest, as I believe I usually am. I don't read many Halloween-ish books. I have read a few, but my list isn't going to reach ten. Here's what I've got though.

1. Thr3e by Ted Dekker
  • This book scared the crap out of me. I couldn't read it at night or during a storm. Brilliantly written though. It was recommended to me by a friend from church. I love the twist at the end though. I feel like even though this book messed with my head, I can't give it enough praise. That's how great the writing was and how much it pulled me in.




2. The Forbidden Game by L.J. Smith
  • This book wasn't as scary as Thr3e, but it did give me goose bumps. Julian was the villain that I wanted to love. The mind games he played messed with my head though. I'm angry that she didn't end up with Julian in the end, but it was scary enough for me to appreciate it.





3. The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
  • I'm not even going to lie (wow I say that a lot), I wanted to post each book individually to take up more numbers but it felt like cheating so I didn't. These books weren't necessarily  scary, but magical ceilings, moving staircases, goblins, witches, wizards, Azkaban. There is nothing about any of that that doesn't say Halloween. On a somewhat related note: I was in Barnes & Noble the other day and saw a table dedicated solely to Harry Potter. There were wands and I wanted one, but alas, I had only money for the two books that I'd had in my hands. I'll probably never have one now (I live a good hour from the nearest Barnes & Noble - making the salary of a college student, I can't afford the trip more often than not). 


Unfortunately that's as far as the list goes. If this post hadn't been so last minute I could have probably scrounged up a few more that I decided to fallacize into being remotely related to Halloween. But hey, you got pictures in this one, huh? Huh? *nudges with elbow*

Leave a link to your TTT. I'd love to know what books get you into the Halloween spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment