Saturday, February 16, 2013

Review: This is Not a Test


This is Not a TestThis is Not a Test by Courtney Summers

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



When I sat down to write this review, I had no idea what to rate this book. It's a book about the zombie apocalypse. It posed this question to me: When there's nothing left to live for (quite literally), how do you go on living? What reason do you have for living. These questions have terrified me. I sincerely hope that the zombie apocalypse never happens. Like, with all of my heart and every fiber of my being. The fact that I'm thinking about it so deeply, I feel like I should give it five stars. I just can't do it though. When I give a book five stars, it means that I absolutely love the book and that everyone I know and don't know should read it. I don't feel that it's right to impose this book on anyone. Not for the reason of terribly bad literature, character development, or any of those other reasons we give for not liking books, but because when I was done reading it, I felt like I was in a hopeless state. I was numb. It was very depressing. While the characters were fantastic and the storyline was realistic, I can't say I want anyone to ever read this book. I certainly am not going to read this book again. That's not to say that I won't read the first and last pages again. The first so that I can see what went wrong, the last so that I can try to understand Sloane's state of being, her state of mind.

The only words I wish you to take from this are these: Read at your own risk.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment