Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Love Love Love!!



The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
By: Jennifer E. Smith


I read this book in the span of less than 4 hours. It was absolutely amazing! In the time span of 24 hours, this book is about a girl traveling to London to attend her father's wedding to a woman that she's never met. After she misses her flight by a mere 4 minutes, she runs into a boy who happens to be on her late flight.

Where to start. Oh my. It was written brilliantly. While the story of Hadley and Oliver is happening, we find out more about Hadley through her memories. It was all very clever really. The prologue was fantastic. It described the title in the most thorough way. I read it aloud to my sister and she said it was like she knew the contents of the entire book in such a mind-blowing way. The dialogue. Oh my gosh, the dialogue between Hadley and Oliver flows so naturally. In the end, when the wedding was going on, I was crying so hard! Harder than any book has ever achieved with me.

This book wasn't just about love between these two people who seem to have met by the fate of four minutes, but it's also about the love between father and child, mother and daughter. I cried because the love felt so tangible and sweet and real. It made my heart feel all warm and fuzzy. Jennifer E. Smith has definitely made a fan of me. I can't wait to read the next book of hers. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment